Work with a Trusted SIP Trunking Provider for Business
Our customizable and scalable SIP solutions can meet your business demands as your company, or your needs continue to grow.
Lingo SIP Nationwide - Unmetered Domestic Calls!
Designed for small to medium-sized businesses looking for one fixed monthly rate with unmetered local, domestic long distance and toll-free calling. With Lingo SIP Nationwide solution, customers can plan on one low monthly fixed rate for a scalable service that can grow with your business.
Lingo SIP Local - Unmetered Local Calls!
Designed for small to medium-sized businesses that use a small amount of long distance, Lingo SIP Local solution provides unmetered local calling with the ability to scale the number of lines as your business needs change.
- Unmetered calls, based on plan.
- Competitive Long Distance Rates
- Free Lingo IP to IP Calling
- Codec G.711 and G.729 Available
- Bring your own Bandwidth Option
- Maximum number of trunks (12), one per channel
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an effective way to deliver telecommunication media and voice services using the Internet. If you currently have a PBX or VoIP phone system, then business SIP trunking can provide your business with reliable and high-quality voice services without requiring you to buy expensive hardware or switch phone systems.
SIP is a virtual version of the analog phone. It connects VoIP phone calls to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). This system uses the Internet to run over your data network, which enables you to replace multiple traditional phone lines. With SIP trunks, an SIP provider can connect one or more channels to your PBX, allowing you to make local and international calls over the Internet.
How Does It Work?
Picture the old tin-can telephone you used to play with as a kid. The SIP trunk functions as the string between the two tin cans. It’s a service provided by an Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) that allows companies with installed PBX systems to implement VoIP to route voice traffic through the Internet.
The first tin can is the digital business phone system at your side, and the other is the switch here at Lingo. As mentioned, the string is the SIP trunk — a.k.a. the tangible electrical lines that attach switching lines to each other.
Key Features of SIP Trunking
Before you settle for a business SIP trunking service, make sure your SIP plan has the following features:
- Powerful control panel. Our SIP trunking service comes with an easy-to-use control panel that manages all aspects of your account. You can easily add, change, or discontinue a service; buy and manage phone numbers, and export real-time call data records.
- Real-time call data records. Call data records (CDRs) help you understand your communication needs and gain insight into your business’ current activities. Use the control panel to view today’s calls or look for calls in the years before.
- Dialer traffic welcome. Most SIP providers avoid telemarketing traffic and outbound dialer by arranging partnerships with upstream carriers which can accommodate this type of traffic.
- Bandwidth and service flexibility. Easily add or cancel channels with SIP trunking. The flow route eliminates all guesswork so you don’t get frustrated about the lines you’ll need in the future.
Benefits of SIP Trunking for Businesses
The growth of VoIP as a primary form of communication created significant financial savings and capabilities for many businesses. VoIP paved the way for enterprise SIP trunk providers to offer more cost-effective forms of communication between a company and the ITSP.
Some of the capabilities SIP trunking offers are:
- Make and receive local and international calls
- Utilize directory assistance services
- Access the Internet to use texting and email features
- Make emergency calls
- Access landline-based and mobile numbers
Apart from the utilization of multiple digital streams and the simple design filled with various features, SIP trunking entices businesses to go digital with the following benefits:
All Calls are Local Calls
Companies that outsource their PSTN connections to enterprise SIP trunk providers benefit from more savings because SIP calls use the Internet or the third party provider’s network to make calls. They transfer the call to a local PSTN, which means you can make an international call at no additional cost.
Eliminate Overlapping Networks and Their Costs
Instead of juggling both telephone and data networks, you need a single IP network to perform all of the digital streaming requirements. Having a single platform that does it all eliminates scalability issues and limitations.
The Decline of Toll-Free Numbers
Instead of providing standardized toll-free numbers, third-party SIP trunking providers set up numbers with local area codes. You can terminate calls made to these customized numbers and route them to your company’s head office or call center.
SIP trunking lets employees in different locations communicate with each other easily. The phone system offers a seamless connection between remote workers, multiple offices, and mobile employees, ensuring that all projects remain on target and on time.
Also, hosted SIP services mean that there shouldn't be any single point of failure within the communication network. In case you experience downtime, you don’t have to worry. SIP service providers will re-route the calls and numbers immediately.
Why should you trust us with your residential VoIP plans?
Consider the following reasons:
Improved Voice Call Quality
We make sure our clients receive phone calls clearly and efficiently. We work with Tier-1 voice carriers to establish your calls and provide at least one point of presence (PoP) in each of the regions you wish to reach. Doing so enables us to provide call clarity and low latency.
Our geographic coverage allows clients to expand their VoIP infrastructure without adding the complexities of new hardware, installations, and negotiations with local carriers. We have the scale to facilitate outbound calls locally and internationally while providing different numbers across regions to make inbound calls possible.
Inconsistent calls are not a problem with our SIP trunking. Our multiple carrier connections and stable infrastructure ensure consistent uptime and maximum connection reliability.
Do you already have a phone network? We provide interoperability with your existing infrastructure. There’s no need for a complete technology overhaul.
Voice T-1 / PRI
Lingo delivers an all-digital, flexible, cost-effective solution that offers increased trunking efficiency and supports advanced calling features—all over your existing infrastructure. Whether you need a traditional telephony solution or want a back-up to your mission-critical networks, Lingo delivers all the features and functionality you need, for one low price.
- Seamlessly routed over our expansive network and Feature Group D
- The highest level of reliability and security
- Use your existing infrastructure to enable all digital communication
- Use a separate D channel for signaling, faster call set up times and Caller ID delivery
- Superior digital or analog circuits connections at speeds from 56Kbps to 1.544 Mbps