Message from Our CEO
I would like to take this opportunity to update you on our global operations during the COVID-19 pandemic and to assure you that Lingo and all Lingo subsidiaries remain committed to supporting our business and providing our customers continuity of service.
We take seriously the responsibility of our customers entrusting us as a leading company to connect their local, long-distance and international voice services to worldwide networks across the globe.
Voice and data services are mission-critical connectivity for communication and are more vital now than ever. Our customers service hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, first responders, government agencies, supermarkets and many other businesses that deliver critical services. Our services are even more important now as we all manage through this worldwide crisis.
We are working to respond to our customers, partners and employees. Above all, we remain confident in our ability to continue providing excellence of service to prevent interruption throughout this period.
Customer Support and Business Operations
Lingo operates with geographical redundancy in our customer care centers, providing continuity for our customer serviceability. We have pledged, as part of the FCC Chairman’s request, to “Keep Americans Connected” during this emergency and have put in place appropriate contingency plans for all aspects of our business. In adherence with this, we continue to deliver our services in addition to assisting governmental authorities and public health officials wherever possible during the outbreak. For the next 60 days:
- No Termination of Service – Lingo will not terminate service to any Consumer or Small Business customers because of their inability to pay their bill due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic
- Waiving of Late Fees – Lingo will waive late fees that any Consumer or Small Business customer incurs because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Government Assistance – Lingo will work with communities and government agencies on business continuity and disaster recovery opportunities as requested. We continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, using our local offices, at-home workforce and our third-party specialists. We will continue to adjust our actions accordingly as the situation evolves.
- 24 x 7 Customer Support – Our customer service and network support staff continue to be available around the clock for isolating global issues and providing excellence in customer support. Lingo employees are available in four geographically diverse locations in the United States and also have dedicated staff in the Philippines.
- Increased IP Capacity – Lingo has recently turned up 3 additional 10 gig IP connections to handle even higher volumes. We are fully prepared to handle an extreme migration in call volume for both US Domestic, Canadian and International voice traffic. We have already seen 35+ percent increases to call volume across our network.
- Increased Concurrent Call Capacity – Working with our partner, Sansay, we were able to significantly increase our current call volume capacity from 120,000 concurrent call to over 180,000 concurrent calls creating significant headroom for call volume if the need arises.
Employees and Local Offices
Our employees are the lifeblood of Lingo. We have been monitoring and managing each local office on a case-by-case basis and will continue to do so daily in accordance with our business continuity plan and local, state and federal agency requirements. Telecommunications is critical and the Lingo teams are working together to better service our customers and vendors.
Examples of this are:
- International and Domestic Travel – We have terminated all Domestic and International travel for the safety of our employees and their families.
- Meetings – We have eliminated all local office visits and are conducting telephony and video collaboration for meetings and conference calls.
- Trade show events – We have cancelled employee attendance at all large conventions, forums, conferences, and events that require travel until further notice.
- Work-at-Home Policy – Our offices use state-of-the-art next generation communications systems. While we generally work from local offices, Lingo employees will, for the most part, continue business as usual in work from home conditions as required in accordance with local and national policies.
Expert help in time of need
Lingo employees remain dedicated to the mission to help businesses manage their operations and provide solutions as business needs change requiring a transference of technology (ToT) plan to develop rapidly into the future. Please let a member of the Lingo team know how we can be of any help during this evolving pandemic. We’re prepared to use our skill and technology to help your business and / or consumer needs and provide excellence in communications in every way we can.
Moving Forward Together
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone around the world in a way that many of us have never seen in our lifetime. It has severely altered the US and global economy, shut down many schools, businesses, churches and affected many of our day-to-day personal lives.
As our company responds to this crisis, the health and safety of our employees and their families and the continuity of service to our customers, vendors and agents, remain our highest priority.
I believe this pandemic will teach us many things but perhaps none greater than that we are all human… and that we are all mortal. Through resilience we will once again begin to thrive.
CEO / Lingo Communications